Thursday 25 November 2010

CD Cover Design

Keeping with the idea of viewing from space, I used an image of the planet Reach from space.
As the planet is a perfect circle I could use the Elliptical Marquee Tool to select around the outside of the planet.


I made the selection slightly bigger than the planet so that it would capture some of the space around the planet.
This also helped for my bleed area because if the printer slightly misaligned my label it would cut into the space around it rather than the actual planet itself. This way it would be much less noticable.


Adding this image caused the inner circle of my CD template to be nearly impossible to see so by filling it with a white colour made things much easier.


For the text I wrote "The Battle of Reach is Coming: 24.07.2552" this is the date that the battle on the planet reach started.


I felt this was a strong statement about the game but I wanted to give it a feel like it was very serious and it shouldn't be bold and in your face because it is a dark time, People are fighting for their lives so I felt the text should be more subtle because it is very emotional.

I decided to use the Texturizer Filter.


The Texturizer Filter gave the text a grainy digital feel to it which is often used films and games that are set in the future. Its like it was written from a computer.


After adding it to my design it still stood out a bit too much so I used a simple Blur Filter which blended the text with the background a bit more.



This gave me my finished CD Label:


No comments:

Post a Comment