Tuesday 30 November 2010

Video Production with Premier Pro Part 2

Now I had downloaded all my videos I loaded premiere pro and created a new project.
After naming my new project I set the sequence settings. As all of the videos I have downloaded were in 720p HD I chose to have my project as HDV 720p 30 fps so that I could keep the high resolution of the videos.


Importing the videos into my project was as simple as right clicking in the project box and clicking import.


As Halo Reach is an xbox only game, I started by cutting the xbox 360 logo from one of the trailers I imported. I selected the video I wanted and dragged it into video 1 on the timeline and then found the first frame of the xbox 360 logo.

  
To cut the video I used the Razor Tool. This tool lets me split the video at an exact point so I can delete the part of the video I dont need.


I repeated this process with all the videos I wanted to use and placed them in the right order next to each other so I had about 1 minuites worth of clips.

This gave me a a time line that looked like this:


Using multiple video channels made my project look neater and much easier to understand.
I used the official Halo Reach Theme song over my entire video as it made it sound much more dramatic and it cut out all the random sound from the clips I had used.

This was as simple as dragging the song into the Audio 3 channel and using the Razor Tool to cut the audio when the video ended.


Because I wanted to use the original audio from the xbox logo at the start and the audio from the Halo Reach title at the end, I cut the song so that it would fit between them.

No comments:

Post a Comment