Wednesday 24 November 2010

Design of DVD Cover part 3

As Master Chiefs outline is entirely straight edges, I used the Polygonal Lasso Tool.


This tool works perfectly for what I wanted to do because it uses straight lines to make selections. Starting at the edge of the image I added points where I wanted to create a corner and then continue with another straight line. This then gave me a perfectly cut out image of Master Chief.


I wanted to use this image as a background image but at the moment it's far too bright, bold and drawing far more attention than anything else.

Dropping the down to 22% took a lot of the colour and brightness away and gave the image a much more subtle effect.


I had already decided on the text I was going to use for my blurb on the back, so it was just a matter of setting it to the right font and text size which were Rockwell with a font size of 9pt. I wont go into too much detail about the text because I have already spoken about font previously.


At the bottom of the page I added basic information about the game such as the amount of players allowed, the maximum resolutions available and what countries this game can be played in (This is called the Region Code).


I used the same font and font size for this text but I decided to make it bold because the information is quite important and it needs to stand out from the other text to be obvious to its users.

This gave me a completed DVD cover design.

No comments:

Post a Comment