Wednesday 17 November 2010

Design of DVD Cover

As Halo Reach is based in a futuristic time far out in space, I started with a pure black background to represent the emptiness of space.

Using the Magic Wand tool I selected the Halo Reach Title from a picture I had found online.


I decided this was the best option to select it because all the letters are bold and defined which meant the Magic Wand Tool could select each letter very easily.


For the planet reach image I used the Magnetic Lasso Tool.


This tool finds the most defined edges of an image within the area of the cursor. I decided this was the best tool to use because the edges of the planet are very clear.


Using the guide lines I had created to define the edges of the cover meant I could snap the image to the top of the page very easily. Then I applied a Lens Flare filter starting from where the soldiers are standing.



I chose this image because it works perfectly with the black background which is space. It gives the effect of looking at the planet Reach from afar. This image also gives a sense of teamwork, showing a group of soldiers ready to take on the war on the planet Reach, Using the Lens Flare filter emphasized the light around the group of soldiers giving the feeling that they are the good coming to fight the evil.

I added a small quote about the game on the front of the cover that very briefly introduces the game using the same colour and font as all the other text on the cover but with a slightly smaller font size of 7.07pt.


Now I had a finished front cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment